Friday, June 13, 2008

Product Rave

I am really working on making this whole "green" thing become a way of life, not just some random trend that I picked up on.  Matt was laughing at me the other day because Christina has the same kitchen compost bucket that I have, and called me trendy.  BUT doing things the green way is healthier and not much more expensive than doing them the "normal" way.

Today's green products that I love:

Dr. Bronner's Magic Castile Soap
www.drbronner.com

It is pretty magical stuff.  It can be used for almost anything (uses range from shampoo to vegetable wash).  I've just been using the liquid version to clean.  When combined with baking soda, it makes a great scrub.  Comparable to soft scrub, but better smelling and better for the environment.  Who wouldn't rather smell mint than chemicals?

Product number two:
Reusable grocery bags.  I bought mine on ebay for less than the $5 per bag retail price.  Because one grocery bag can take 1000 or more years to decompose, it makes sense that we shouldn't be using them.  I have a couple of big totes that I was using, but they were so big, they were more of a hassle than anything.  Enter the Chico Bag.  Tough and compact, it stuffs into it's own little pouch and comes with a hook to go on your keychain or to hook them together.  The last person I had bagging my groceries at walmart looked at me like I was nuts, but I was able to fit what would have taken 10+ plastic bags into 7 of my chicobags.   I was hugely excited to find out that Hannaford offers a $.05 discount for every bag you bring in!  Score.


www.chicobag.com

1 comments:

Kim July 14, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Love my reusable grocery bags. When we were on vacation, it killed me to go into a store without it. I think being green is easier than most people think. May have to try that liquid soap.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP