Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Whine Wednesday: But I don't read VAMPIRE books

Stupid addictive vampire books.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, carefully overturn that rock  you've been living under and crawl on out.  I'm talking about the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.  It's YA fiction and it's delicious, I couldn't put it down.  It's a fairly quick read - and a wicked page turner - I didn't do anything for 3 days last week but read the 4 books in the series.  M was not very impressed with my lack of motivation all week! 


It is a major exercise in self control that I am not reading the leaked chapters from the book she's currently working on (Twilight from the male MC's perspective), it's not that I don't want to read something that's "leaked" (conspiracy theorists argue that the author herself leaked them because fans were so disappointed with the last book Breaking Dawn), it's that I would be thinking, nay agonizing about it until it's finally published.

Check out the series website.  There's a movie, but we all know how hollywood butchers a good book, so I won't be watching that one.  

So yeah, apparently I DO read vampire books.  Now aliens are another story...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP